Front End Developer
Hiya! As a developer, I prioritize accessibility, clean code, and great user experiences. In 2016 I completed an immersive web development program and transitioned from writing to development. I was hired by a small startup right out the program and honed my front end skills under the guidance of a senior developer for two years. I have gone on to work for startups of all sizes, an ad agency, and freelance clients.
- React, NextJS, VueJS, TypeScript, Node Ecosystem
- RESTful APIs, MVC architecture
- WAI-ARIA/A11Y compliance
- SEO, responsive design, mobile-first development, analytics
- Headless content management systems, styled components
- Bootstrap, Material UI, Framer Motion, Tailwind
- Agile workflows, Kanban, Jira
- Sketch, Figma
- Shopify, HubSpot, ButterCMS, Gatsby, WordPress, AWS, CRM
Nov 2022 – September 2023
- Developed a new NextJS/React front end paired with ButterCMS; collaborated on a small team with tight deadlines.
- Improved site accessibility, added animations, and integrated marketing technologies to boost the efforts of sales and marketing teams to promote a SaaS product in the customer service space.
- Boosted site traffic by 41% and generated dozens of leads.
May 2019 – Nov 2022
- Built pixel-perfect referral widgets with attention to accessibility and mobile performance.
- Created a new company website on HubSpot, including reusable components and templates.
- Supported clients with Shopify implementation of marketing technologies.
May 2018 – Apr 2019
- Developed new mobile-first features, increased accessibility, and improved UX for a charity-focused startup.
- Worked with an ad agency to create consumer-facing mobile-first apps and games for children.
- Managed updates of the eCommerce site for an international fashion label and supported a major traffic surge.
Aug 2016 – May 2018
- Built a new app from the ground up in React, including creating responsive and reusable UI components and participating in the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Iterated on initial release, working collaboratively on a small international team.