Prior to getting into web development, I was a writer, editor, and writing teaching for several years. In 2014, I published Motherhood Motherhood (Skyhorse Publishing). An Australian edition was released by Black Inc. with the title Stop Reading Baby Books: Your Surprisingly Durable Baby and You. It's also available on Audible. Click here to read some reviews.
My writing has been syndicated in the Sydney Morning Herald, iVillage Australia, Mamamia and Alternet. I’ve taken my work to the stage with The Moth, Happy Hour Story Experiment, Write Club, and Expressing Motherhood and have spoken about parenting issues with APM's Marketplace, HuffPost Live, and on a panel at the 2013 LA Times Festival of Books. My micro-memoir won a $2,500 prize from Reader’s Digest and was anthologized in The Best Life Stories: 150 Real-life Tales of Resilience, Joy, and Hope-All 150 Words or Less!
- "6 Things New Parents Need to Stop Doing Before They Lose Their Minds." Bookish. October 14, 2014.
- "Eating Out: An Interview with Samantha Irby." Bitch Magazine. November 19, 2013.
- "Science is Real." Voices for Vaccines. October, 6, 2013.
- "I'm Coming Out... as Pro-Vaccine." The Huffington Post. September 25, 2013.
- "When Parenthood Makes You Want To Scream." The Huffington Post. June 22, 2013.
- "I Love It When People Judge My Parenting — No, Really." The Huffington Post. April 21, 2013.
- "I'm More Into My Little Pony Than My Kids Are." xoJane. March 28, 2013.
- "About A Bout." The Nervous Breakdown. February 16, 2013.
- "An Open Letter to Thomas the Tank Engine." The Rumpus.net. September 11, 2012.
- "11 Pieces of Advice for All New Moms: Anything But Baby Wise." The Huffington Post. September 4, 2012.
- "I Can't Have It All, But I'll Make Do With What I Can Get." The Huffington Post. June 28, 2012.
- "An Open Letter to Kids Today." The Huffington Post. June 7, 2012.
- "New Moms and Teenage Boys: More in Common Than Previously Thought." The Hairpin. May 8, 2012.
- “Dog in a Box.” The Nervous Breakdown. April 5, 2012.
- “Let Them Pat Your Belly.” Babble. March 29, 2012.
- “The Best Life Stories.” Readers Digest. March 2012: 110.
- “Attachment Parenting Dropout.” Salon. January 16, 2012.